Sunday, January 23, 2011

Feeling good

The past week or so I have finally been feeling better. Still no idea why I felt so crappy, but I am just glad to feel better and hope it stays that way!

This new-found energy has gotten me excited and looking forward to the up-coming year!

1st - I signed up for the Fargo Go-Far Challenge in May: a 5K on Friday night, and a half-marathon the next morning. It will definitely be a challenge, but I am glad to have something to train for this loooong winter. I am in process of developing a training plan and would love any advice out there! The nice thing is I have plenty of time to build up a solid base, so hopefully this will go well with no injuries. Another fun side-note about this race is that my entire family (parents, sisters, and husband) are participating in some form AND my TBFL! Antoher cool thing - there will be 25 bands along the route! 

2nd - I am back on planning our trip to Germany this summer. We've got our general itinerary mapped-out, and now just need to do some real research and book hotels/hostels/B&B. We also need to book our flights, man are those crazy expensive. Geez. One of the things we wanted to do there was catch a soccer game. Turns out the women's World Cup is in Germany and starts the last week we are there! AND USA plays in Dresden, which is essentially where our trip ends (near Munich) on one of the last days we are there. Talk about meant to be! I have applied for tickets and find out at the end of February if we got them - fingers crossed!


3rd - I am officially signed-up for the 2011 Tour de Cure in June!!! My TBFL and I attended a Tour de Cure kick-off party yesterday at our favorite cycle instructors new cycle studio. It was really fun! There were lots of door prizes (I won a free cycle class pass and my TBFL won a nice Tour de Cure t-shirt). I am super excited about the cycle jerseys you can get if you raise a lot of money, they are pretty sweet! I also am pumped that I get a "red-rider" jersey since I have T1D. Let the fundraising begin!

4th - my hubby and I bought an SLR camera this weekend (Nikon D-3100). Neither of us really know much about photography, but both of us like to try taking cool pictures. We decided this would be a nice investment for both of us to enjoy and learn how to use. We have been playing around with it alot already, and it is pretty amazing (the dogs are definintely our favorite subject).


Those are all the fun things swirling through my brain right now, plus I am seriously thinking about signing up for the Warrior Dash in July, the YWCA triathlon in August and the Iron Girl duathlon at the end of September. Now, time for yoga!

1 comment:

  1. Yay - love that you get to be a Red Rider this year... what a great experience! And that go-far challenge sounds super fun!

    ReplyDelete