Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pancreas update

I think my pancreas decide to take a break again, or maybe permanently - we'll see. 

My BG's were getting higher again. Nothing crazy high, but enough that I started taking my fast-acting insulin to cover all my carbs (rather than the half I had dropped it down to). Even with that I started to notice my fasting BG's were a little too high and had reached the point in which my endo recommended I start taking my background insulin again. So I am back on the old plan.

Even so, I still felt my numbers were coming in a little high. So then I got to wondering if the insulin I am using is bad? I mean it has been sitting in my purse, not getting much use, for almost a couple of weeks. Plus the Lantus doesn't burn at first like it normally does. That's probably a sign it's not working? Man both the pen's are pretty new, so I hate to think I have to throw a whole one away. Especially, after last night's trip to the pharmacy for refills. I now am FULLY aware of the cost of my medicine. My high deductible health insurance plan is not very pleasant before the deductible is reached. In fact its quite painful. 

Anywhoo, tomorrow I'll try out a new Lantus pen and see what results I get.

As for the rest of the night - I have got something baking in the oven! I never bake, so this may or may not be a wonderful bedtime treat!


3 comments:

  1. Keep us posted, girl. Baking? What are you baking and what for? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you trying to say that you really have a "bun in the oven"???? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Hugs to you... it's a transition time I bet!

    ReplyDelete