1) Yesterday I invested in a new pair of running shoes! I had just bought a new pair a few months ago, but as a result of getting my diabetes under-control, it appears my feet are actually a size 9, not the size 8 I bought. It was really tough to spend the money again, but I guess worth not losing a toe! My previous pair were the Asics Kayano, which I loved. I wanted to make sure though that I was wearing the right kind of shoe, and not just wearing them because they are so pretty. The guy at the running store was super helpful and I found I was in fact wearing the right type of shoe. However, he showed me a pair just a slight step down, with a little less gel (still super cute) and $20 cheaper. He said I probably won't even be able to tell the difference. Thanks shoe salesman! I love my new Asics 3120 shoes!
2) Today we had gorgeous weather. At work our Finance team even enjoyed our lunch outside, which made it a little hard to want to go back in for the rest of the afternoon! I took full advantage of the perfect weather and went for a nice, long run with the TBFL. We signed up for a 10k next weekend (both of our firsts) and today we wanted to get in a 5.5 mile run. We knew where the 2.5 mile turn around point was, but just guessed on the additional 1/4 mile. We are pretty sure we ended up getting close to 6, which is great! Runs go by so much quicker and better when you run with a buddy!
3) Tomorrow is Friday already! And its the first day of October! Where did September go??? I am not even sure where this week went, but I am excited to have a rest day tomorrow and the last Twins regular season game for us! (We already purchased post-season tickets - Go Twins!)
Size 9, huh?! Wow!
ReplyDeleteI miss running with you, even though you are super speedy and I probably would slow you down! Yay for the weekend! Have fun at the game tonight!