Thursday, September 2, 2010

Three Things Thursday (already!)

1. Today is actually Friday for me! I worked really hard today and yesterday to get all my month-end responsibilities taken care of before the loooong weekend. I am flying to NYC tomorrow for one of my bestest friend's bacheloretty party. It's going to be EPIC! This isn't my first time in NYC so I am just going to go with the flow and be a follower. The agenda includes MAMMA MIA, Statue of Liberty, the Met, a run with another bestest friend in Central Park, and lots of good food and FUN! It should be fantastic.

2. Hmmm, what can follow-up a loong weekend in NYC? As far as workouts go, yesterday the TBFL and I attempted Body Pump, round 2. This one was on a different day at a different time and with a different instructor and the result? Not as sore! This class involved music (that's always a plus in my book), lots of lunges (boooo) and less planks (yaaaay). Today we planned a morning run, but I woke up to a nice thunderstorm at 4am, and we had a quick text-fest and decided to move the run to after work. By then I was feeling Body Pump a little more, but we managed to crank out a nicely paced 3 mile-ish run outdoors (so much better than the treadmil!)

3. Yesterday I had an insatiable appetite, and no carb-free snacks in my drawer at work! It was torture. I ended up buying some vending machine snacks. The crazy thing was that I had about 3 extra carb-choices that I did not take insulin to cover, and every time I checked my BG it was in great shape - WTH?!?! However, I did not take a free snack this morning, and the result was a miserable low, followed by a recovery in which I felt like crap most of the rest of the day. Sigh. Some days are better than others I guess!

Big lights will inspire you in New York....

3 comments:

  1. Have fun in NYC! You guys are going to have a blast! Can't wait to hear all about it when I see you NEXT WEEKEND!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great time in NYC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you make it to NYC without getting busted in the airport for having poking devices! :D Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete