Tuesday, August 31, 2010

GAGA Ooooo La La

Last night was LADY GAGA!!!! and words can't describe how awesome the concert was!

First of all, I was not expecting the crazy freak-show crowd. The things people were wearing were quite interesting, and made for very good people watching pre-show. I noticed quite a few people wearing caution tape - is that from one of her videos or something?

The opening act was alright. Lots of f-bombs, but did an alright job of getting the crowd pumped for Gaga. The crowd went ab-so-lutley crazy when she finally came out. I mean seriously, a sold-out Xcel center screaming at the top of their lungs = loud!! Her performance was a non-stop 2 hour crazy freak show - and I loved every minute of it!

I had been to Britney last year, and thought it was really entertaining and fun. But GAGA was beyond entertaining. Unlike Britney, she actually performed live (I think most of it anyway) and talked to the audience a lot. She really portrayed a message of loving who you are as individual and not letting others bring you down for being different. But her music is just so much fun - you can't resist dancing!

So it was a fun night, but a late night, which really throws my week off - man am I an old fart! Even though I struggled through my day at work, and drank way too much caffeine (mocha in the morning and diet coke at lunch) I forced myself to get a run in. Ended up doing 3 miles at a little under a 10 minute mile, not an improvement, but much better than I was expecting! I have no BG facts, because I was feeling rebellious and frankly just didn't want to take the effort to check before or after. I know, I know...

Off to bed I said!

3 comments:

  1. I would love to see Gaga. I've heard that the show is amazing! :) Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this makes me super excited. I'm going to see Lady Gaga in Milwaukee tomorrow night. With my Dad. Looking forward to it! Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete