1) I got up (before my alarm even went off) for a last chance lake swim this morning. We pushed back our meeting time by 15 minutes, which made huge a difference - no dark, creepy water! The sun was out, and driving to the lake I got to see a beautiful sunrise. The water felt so peaceful and cool this morning! Don't get me wrong, it was still a tough swim for me, but I tried to focus on the enjoyable parts of swimming instead : )
2) More storms are on the way. The tv alert system has been going crazy. I thought it was all just further west and north of me, but it turns out we are under a tornado watch now too. Bad weather seems to be a popular trend this summer. I like a little thunderstorm, but would gladly pass on the extreme heat and high, damaging winds.
3) Chili & Lime almonds = way too addicting. I was SO excited the other day when I found my favorite almonds at Walgreens. After not being able to find them at the grocery store and Target, I had thought they stopped making them. What a delightful surprise! Almonds are a great snack, especially now for me as they are basically carb free. However, they are not FAT free. Is it bad that I went through almost the entire can in 2 days?? Yikes. I will have to keep the rest of my meals low-fat, because I just can't give up those yummy little guys!
I can't believe tomorrow is Friday already - YAY!
1- glad you enjoyed the swim, sometimes the elements really make the training that much better.
ReplyDelete2- I am done with the heat
How did your race go?