After completing my first triathlon in July, and now gearing up for my next one in a couple of weeks, I began to realize what the benefit of a road bike versus my hybrid bike would be. I bought my hybrid a couple of summers ago, when I knew I wanted to start cycling more, but at the time had no intentions of doing triathlons and frankly a road bike intimidated me. Now that’s all changed and I want SPEED! So after toying around with the idea and doing some research online and in stores, I found what I thought would be a great entry-level road bike that wouldn’t kill the budget. I also found a great new home from my hybrid – with my mom!
It was a tough decision between the Trek 1.2 WSD (my hybrid was a Trek, and I just generally prefer their look) and the Specialized Dolce Sport. Both bikes were similarly priced, had similar components and are designed for women. I ended up choosing the Specialized, primarily due to the fact that the store was close and convenient, which will make it easier for tune-ups and fixes when necessary. I also took it for a test ride and thought it felt great!
Unfortunately, I was too exhausted after the big purchase (and the 4k run in the morning), and just couldn’t take on the humidity to go for a nice ride. I hope to soon though! C’mon weather work with me!
Old bike - you will be missed!
New ride!! So shiny and white! I wonder how long that will last???


Serious bike envy.
ReplyDeleteOne weekend I am not with you guys and so much happens! Glad you found a nice home for your hybrid and what a sweet new ride. Can't wait to meet him. her? hmmm.
ReplyDelete