This race started a little later than most - 10am, which I was appreciate of, as it allowed me to "sleep-in" a little. However, the other side of the coin was that the temperature was warmer than I would have liked. The race wasn't all I had hoped it would be. I started out keeping pace with my TBFL, but from the start just seemed to be struggling. At the turn around point half-way through, I just couldn't keep up with my running buddy. My side-ache continued to worsen, and around mile 2 I even had to stop and walk it out, which was a big bummer. I pushed through it though and B joined me in the last little jaunt across the finish line. As soon as I stopped I did not feel so hot, well I did feel super hot, but not in a good way. I ended up finishing at about 30:10 - not my worst and not my best. I decided not to fret too much about the seemingly treacherous run, because it was after all for a good cause and it was over! (my BG after was 181, a little high, but better than going low!)
The whole day was a Say Thanks Day, so there was lunch, beer, and live music to enjoy all afternoon. I ate a half a hot-dog, chips, and an apple, taking enough insulin to cover each item. We didn't stick around too long, but it was great to give our troops a small sign of our appreciation for them (B just got back from Iraq and out of the guards after 10 or so years of service, so it means a great deal to us).
After the race my BG continued to drop - 146 at 11:20 before lunch, 138 at 12:22 after lunch before a treat of Starbucks frapuccino which I also took insulin to cover, 88 at 2:28 which was when I was pretty sure I was going low, but the numbers weren't quite proving it yet, and 64 at 3:02 a low I treated by eating Chobani. So I am not sure if it was all due to the tough run, too much insulin through-out the day, or too little food, or a little of all 3. Either way, the result was a pretty bad headache all day, that was still there when I woke up this morning. I guess better luck next time!
The remainder of the weekend included grilling and Farkle with friends, successful shoe shopping (two super-cute pairs!), girl talk, a slooow movie "Brooklyn's Finest", bathroom remodel decision making (white trim, dark stained doors, brushed nickel hardware), cancelled bike ride today due to the lingering headache and sore quads (HUGE bummer), an afternoon massage, and some house cleaning. Another weekend come and gone - SAD! Here's to enjoying the last couple of days in August!
Nice job on the run, girl! Sounds like it was a fun event! I can't believe August is almost over, and school starts tomorrow! Yeeks!
ReplyDelete