Thursday, August 26, 2010

3 Things THURSDAY!

1. If you have read and enjoyed the book "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", you must see the Swedish movie! My TBFL and I had a date night last night, as if we don't see each other enough (probably more than we see our significant others) which included MAC GRILL!!! The food was oh so yummy. Another sign that we maybe spend too much time together -- we ordered the exact same meal! I had low expectations for the movie. I figured it would be a low budget foreign film with poor acting. I was wrong! The actors were fantastic and kept me intrigued the whole 2 1/2 hours. I was a little disappointed in how not-so-good looking Mikael Blomkvist was, but he grew on me. The girl that played Lisabeth was spot on! I will be curious to see how the Hollywood version, which is being filmed currently, compares.

2. I love my dog. She is the cutest and smartest little creature evah! However, she does have a little attitude (anyone that's met her would agree). This attitude comes out especially when she feels left out. So today after work, my hubby came home, quickly changed and headed of to go motorcycling with some buddies. I left shortly after to go for a run and then grab a bite to eat with a good friend. When I got home, I knew right away she was not happy:
She always pulls something out of the garbage, doesn't really chew it up, but just leaves it out, whenever we don't stay home long enough with her. This was her pay back. I couldn't even be that upset with her, so instead we played fetch until she got bored with it. 

3. Today my Manager sent me an email letting me know that he thought I was in a good place with my projects, so it wouldn't be unreasonable to take off at 3ish and still leave around noon tomorrow as well. I so couldn't pass that offer up! I love my new job : ) Summer Fridays are the best - leave whenever you feel you are in a good spot; I haven't stayed past 2 yet!

Tomorrow's Friday - whoo hoo!

3 comments:

  1. Love love love that dog. She's too smart for her own good... and she has a little attitude like her Mother! :)

    I am so happy you are happy with your new job. I can't believe the difference you have in your attitude towards work and such. Sounds like a great environment to work in and very rewarding!

    Yay for Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on the run yesterday! I ended up on the phone for 2 hours with a friend, and thus, did not get out:( Huge disappointment because it was perfect weather!
    I'm very happy to hear the major quality of life improvement with the job change!
    Oh and that pup sure is a cute little stinker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dog is adorable and sounds like she has a fun personality! :) I laughed at the picture you posted - I couldn't be mad if I came home to that, it's just too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete