Last night my training buddy and I laid out our workout plan for the week. This is TAPER WEEK as the triathlon is coming up on Sunday already! This time we plan on still working out Monday thru Thursday, and then having two full rest days prior to the tri.
Since the forecast showed it was probably going to rain this morning (it was wrong of course), we opted to do our run indoors. I have a treadmill at home, so that's where I was at 5:30 AM! My BG before the run was 79. I didn't feel like eating anything, but I forced my self to have one clif shot block, in hopes it would hold me over.
My goal was to do 3.1 miles, and wishfully hoping for more like 3.5. I started out the first mile at a 9:30 pace. The second mile I sped up to 9:13. I was hoping to do negative splits, but just didn't have enough juice to speed it up anymore. I had to stop after the 2nd mile an take a short walk break. I finished the 1.1 miles at a 10 minute pace. It wasn't exactly what I was hoping for, but I don't want to over-do it this week either. My BG after my run was up to 144. I was kind of surprised at how high it jumped from one little shot block. Hmm...
Well, not a bad way to start Monday!
Wandered over from your sister's blog. Welcome back to the blogging world!
ReplyDeleteNice job on the run this morning!
Great job on the run, girl! I will see you in a few days (again)!!
ReplyDeleteThanks! How exciting to have new followers!
ReplyDeleteMan those shot blocks are glucosy...I think I made that word up. Nice work on the run!
ReplyDeleteJust came across your blog. I am now a follower of yours.
ReplyDeleteGood luck this weekend!
I guess you could say that you are a quadathlete. Not only do you have to swim, bike, and run, but also manage your BG levels along the way. That is impressive! Looking forward to reading about your future endevours!