Wow -- where did the week, and now almost the weekend go?!?!
The week was primarily a "recovery" week. I did manage to get a 4 mile run in on Wednesday morning and Spin class on Friday morning. I was really hoping to get a speed-work run in yesterday, but opted for Yoga instead, the thought being I could do my run today instead. Yeah, well having not done Yoga in months, I am sore, um, EVERYWHERE. Yikes. Now I remember why I love Yoga. It never feels like that much of a workout during the hour, hard yes, but just not the cardiovascular challenge I link with a tough workout. Until the next day. Ooof. I will be lucky if I get off the couch and take the dog for a walk today...
On that note, I really don't have anything big coming up to train for. I am doing a 5k next weekend and then a 36 mile bike ride (more of a leisure ride) a few weeks later. But I just haven't decided what I want to do next. Part of me really wants to just take the time to build up my base, i.e. do more Yoga and strength training. But another part of me is afraid that if I don't have something challenging to train for, I will start to slack off. I don't want that to happen! My training buddy and I were talking about maybe doing a 10k and/or a half marathon. Neither of us are mentally ready to commit yet, but I think I am going to just enjoy this time of pressure-free workouts!
On a health-related note, I got my lab results back which show that I am "honeymooning". No, this has nothing to do with the Hubby and I : ) It basically means that my pancreas is still producing some insulin, but this will eventually stop (when?) and my required low levels of insulin will have to be increased. How bizarre.
Well time to enjoy the last day of my weekend - Twins game tonight!
I wish they had yoga at our gym at a decent time. Never when I can go, it seems, and it's so hard for me to do those videos.
ReplyDeleteWeird about your pancreas and that it will eventually reach a point where it will not longer produce insulin.
I too am trying to figure out what I want to do next...
The off season is such a relief, right? No pressure is a good thing!
ReplyDeleteInteresting about your pancreas. So it stopped producing, now it is producing, and then it will stop forever?
I think it's a perfect time to just build up - yoga and strength training sound like a good plan!
ReplyDeleteThe honeymoon phase is tough and when it's over, you will definitely know it! Tom went from 2 units of insulin with a meal to 8-10! He was high a lot more. But we knew immediately what was happening and you will too... hugs... it's a tough time!
yoga or speed work, yoga or speed work, ya I agree with you, yoga sounds better
ReplyDelete