Friday, November 5, 2010

Friends & Family Friday

I am little worn from a long week, so I am taking the easy way out and going with the suggested post topic from the ADA for "Blog 30 Days of Diabetes in November": Research shows that diabetes has a genetic component: Who in your family or circle of friends has diabetes?


My Answer: NO ONE!  Before I was diagnosed I had heard of no family or friends or friends of friends who had diabetes. So much for genetics?!?! Even now, I don't know anyone in person with the disease, just distant elder relatives with Type 2 and friends/co-workers with relatives I have been told about, and of course my online fellow D-bloggers. Thank goodness for the Diabetes Online Community (DOC), or I surely would feel all alone! 


But on a Friends and Family note - mine are awesome! My family is working to learn with me, all the ups and downs, and mysterious features of this fun disease. Even better is that they will be here in person - in just a little while! My parents and sisters are making the trip to the cities for a Vikings game. I am not sure what else we will do this weekend, but regardless I know it will be a good weekend just to spend more time with them! 




Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Thanks so much for the blog comment. I've been wondering how to get in touch with you since the last time you commented because it looks as though we do have a TON in common. Like you, I was shocked, and NO ONE in my family has diabetes. Go figure.

    Anyway, I'd love to stay in touch with you if you're up for it. Are you on Twitter? There's a lot of really great people on there.

    ReplyDelete