Tonight after work I was really tempted to pick up something to go for dinner. My hubby wasn't planning on being home for dinner, and I was super tired from 1) running 5 hard miles last night; 2) swimming early this morning and 3) being crazy busy at work. I had the sudden thought of a burrito bowl from Chipotle, with their nummy salty chips. And then I had the even better idea to make a home-made, healthier version!
In the bowl: Unlce Ben's instant whole grain brown rice, splash of lime juice, 1/2 cup of black beans, shredded colby cheese and Amy's corn and bean salsa. The whole meal took less than 5 minutes to make (and only required a quick stop at Lakewinds to pick up some salsa). I scooped it with Tostitos new roasted garlic and black bean chips (which are now my favorite chip). Mmmmm, it hit the spot!! The rice had about 38g carbs and to my surprise the black beans had 23g.
My hubby came home and I informed him of the meal he could mix himself up quick if he was interested. He basically made the same thing, but added sour cream. He then microwaved it all together. With all the cheese melting and the white patches of sour cream, he stated it was a Mexican Rice Krispy Treat. Weird thought, but funny!
It was good - but I am not sure it filled me up. I will probably be helping myself to a little late night snack!
(PS - no post yesterday as our cable when out - NO TV or internet all night, erg! I am not counting it as a miss ; )
HI!
ReplyDeleteNice to "meet you"....so inspired by your dedication to running every race, despite D!
My oldest daughter is 7 - she was dx a little over 5 years ago at the age of 24 months.
It's a ride.
It's a run.
It's a swim.
It's definitely a journey.
And it's not all bad.
:)
I make a dish almost exactly the same, I add some kind of protien (shrimp, chicken, or steak) and avacodos.
ReplyDeleteI want to try those chips! They sounds delicious! Maybe you should make your little creation for me sometime. I also like the idea of adding avocado! Yum!!!
ReplyDelete