I woke up to a nice surprise this morning:
Although I was enjoying the unseasonally warm weather this past month, I can't help but be excited to see the first big snowfall of the year! Everything is so white and the snowflakes falling are huge. It really makes me want to stay in for the day, mostly because I am not quite prepared for winter coats, mittens, boots, and....shoveling the driveway! That won't be happening though. I have yoga at 11 and then a wedding at 2:30. I really hope the bride was prepared for this snowfall. Its pretty but it might make driving around the cities less than fun.
On a side note, I am not doing so well with the blogging everyday.
Wednesday I swam in the morning with my TBFL. Then ended up with some flu-like symptoms and just spent the rest of the day feeling miserable. She went home from work sick too, so I'm thinking it was something going around at the gym. Sick.
Thursday was Veteran's day, which is a big deal in our household. My husband is a 2 times over vet, and he loves to celebrate his day (deservedly so). My husband called me at about 5:15 wondering where I was and whether I was standing him up. He was ready to get his celebration on, since he couldn't wait he cracked an beer and played some Wii. Ha! We took up the free meal for Vets at Applebees, and I surprised him by inviting out a few of our close friends. After the 'bees we headed to the local Legion for more drinks. To my surprise the jag bombs he took had no effect on his ability to go to work the next day (must be nice, one glass of wine for this girl and I've got a headache rolling for a good day after). It was a really fun time! Next year it will be on 11/11/11 and a Friday. We will for sure be throwing some sort of party. Thank you to all the current and past service men and women who have put theirs lives on the line for us to enjoy our freedom and awesome lives in the USA!
Yesterday was work, and then a much needed run. I cranked out 4 miles on my treadmill and then felt great (except the low I had afterwards. My BG before was 147 so I didn't take in any extra carbs, but my BG after was 67. Dang it.). Then we just hung out with friends, ate some yummy Big Bowl, and watched a horrible movie (do not lose 2 hours of your life to Ghost Writer).
My pumpkin pancakes were fantastic this morning, now its time to get some stuff done!
Happy Weekend!


The snow looks pretty, from afar! Glad you guys had a good Veterans Day and he celebrated deservingly! I look forward to that invite to your party next year! :)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh... I can't believe you had that much snow! Looks pretty, but I'm just not ready! Thanks to your hubby from all of us! And happy diabetes day! :)
ReplyDelete