Bikes – 5 (45 minute spin classes)
Runs – 9, about 33 miles
Strength Training – 3 = 2 Body Works class and 1 BOSU ball workout
Yoga Class – 4 (3 more than last month!)
REST Days - 9
Highlights of the Month:
- Ran my first ever 10K!
- Went to my first Broadway show of the season – Rock of Ages. The music was great and the show had me wanting to come back for an encore! Constantine from American Idol has an amazing voice. I am looking forward to the next one, Billy Elliot, in December.
- My TBFL and I had our one year of working out anniversary. We are HUGE dorks, so we celebrated it with Yoga, lunch at yum! (also where we went after our first swim together - the Patty Cake is a must!) and massages! We also reminisced at how far we have come: being able to swim more than one lap at a time in the pool (although that feat is slowly fading), several 5Ks, our first indoor triathlon, BRICK workouts, lots of $$$ on fun new workout clothes and gear, experimenting with GU and other forms of refueling, our first (and 2nd) sprint triathlons, a 32 mile bike ride, our 1st 10K, and now looking to what next (half-marathon?!?!)
- My one and only SIOUX hockey game of the year! They lost, but it was still fun. College town brings back so many memories, and the Red Pepper still has the best grinders and Bonzers still has the best long-island schooners!
- October 19th marked 3 years of the hubby and I owning our first home. No big celebration was had, but on a house-related note we completed our bathroom remodel! It was a project I thought would never end, but after my husband devoted most of his free time after work on and the weekends, we have an amazingly gorgeous bathroom to show for it. I love it! He gets credit for all the hard work – tiling the floor and shower, building a new vanity, installing a new toilet and all the plumbing, and much more. I helped pick out the items in the room, painted and varnished. Now we just need to find a piece of art (hint hint artsy sister) to complete the look!
Lows of the Month:
- Hypoglycemia 9 times (7 of which occurred every day I tried using background insulin again)
- No reading - at all, whoops!
- One cavity : (
- Not much else - I am focusing on the good stuff!
Goals for the Month of November:
- Blog once every day in an effort to focus on Diabetes Awareness month (also why I changed my blog to a blue-colored theme). Wish me luck!
- Pick-up the running again (goal of at least 2x's a week, in hopes of 3x's)
- Yoga, yoga, yoga. I love it and I have to find a way to do it more often.


You had a great month! I hope to get back into the pool some more, and incorporate more pilates, yoga, and bodypump into my WEEKLY routine!
ReplyDeleteIt was so fun to have you guys around this weekend! The hockey game left little to be desired, but a part of me still missed GF and that life before the real world, right?!
in regards to the art work... I know B said the area is about 19 inches wide. Please let me know if you think a 10x14 (virtical) would be something appropriate... and what you would like!
October! What an awesome month!!! I can't believe it's over. Love the new blog look!!! Rock of Ages was AWESOME!
ReplyDelete