My goal for today was to make it through Body Works at 5:45 AM and vote. I accomplished both! And then I remembered we had a window sales guy coming out to give us an estimate on new windows.
Of course he showed up 10 minutes early, which is better than the no-show last night (we got lost in the system supposedly). This meant not finishing my grilled chicken and rice meal : ( Then I realized he was definitely there for a sales pitch. It was hard to get past his fast-talking, buddy-buddy attitude to the actual window info. Somehow though this guy SOLD us on the windows. They have a lifetime warranty which is awesome and if you saw our current windows you would understand our desperation -- rotted sills, leak like a sieve, and fog/condensation on the inside. Hideous.
We really didn't want to spend more money on the house right now, but the energy tax credit was definitely a driver. Right now we opted to only replace the worst ones (4 of the 12). We will probably finish replacing the remaining 8 over the next year.
So that was my night and now its over! Not exactly how I wanted to spend it, but hopefully we will be satisfied (and never want to move)!
Because it is Diabetes Awareness Month, I feel I should also mention something diabetes related. This morning my BG was 152 when I woke up and then 174 after Body Works. Yes, after exercising and NOT eating, my BG went up. I have been running consistently higher than I would like to be, so I think I will start taking my background insulin again. Cross your fingers for no lows!
Which 4 did you go with? master bedroom and living room?
ReplyDeleteHere's to hoping your background insulin will help with those highs.